Simple, start by conveying to your clients that they are the ones who have reasons to belong to your union. In luxury brands, the rules of the game change a bit, and that is, distinction and exclusivity have a price.
In this article, I explain how to create a luxury brand and how you can enter a market of brands that have been offering their customers Premium products for years.
How to create a potential luxury brand
Do you want to learn how to create a luxury brand? There are qualities that valuable brands have and that you should know about. In some cases these characteristics are called “commandments” and that every brand within their creation should have.
These commandments will help you have a luxury brand with solid values, emotions, and feelings that will attract the type of customer you need. These are the ones that will guarantee the sustainability of the brand over the years:
1. You must target a specific audience
The public that purchases a product or service from a luxury brand is very concerned about the identity that the brand conveys. Focus on market niches of clients who want to feel and experience prestige, elegance, and distinction.
Start first by evaluating niches and experimenting, once your brand is well defined you can segment your ideal person. Remember that in the long term these clients must be profitable enough for the brand.
2. Make it a sustainable audience
Although it is important to have a segmented audience that is exclusive to the luxury brand, we must take care of long-term sustainability. For example, Giorgio Armani focused on a closed group of professionals that limited his growth over the years. Despite the fact that the brand is successful, it realized this and widened the segment of its target customer.
For this reason, it is important not to be extreme when segmenting, because it could cause problems in the long run for your prestigious brand.
3. Add value to your brand
What element gives value to your luxury brand? What distinguishes it from another?
Example, the cosmetics brand LUSH is responsible for creating handmade makeup products for women.
For your brand to be luxury it must have a characteristic that distinguishes it from the rest, and not only that but this character leaves a great contribution to the user and combines with their own values as a person.
For example, if it is fashion, create fashion and not follow trends. If it is a luxury car brand to be able to have the best-personalized car, among others.
4. Create exclusivity
Another characteristic to learn how to create a luxury brand is exclusivity. One of the ways in which a luxury brand demonstrates this characteristic is through scarcity.
An exclusive product is not available to all audiences, but if you have enough money it can be yours. For this reason, a brand creator must guarantee his buyer prestige and distinction, because this is what he is really paying for.
5. Use the story
Successful luxury brands have succeeded in engaging their audience through the history and growth of the brand. A luxury brand uses history to distinguish itself from other brands. Through this distinction, clients can feel identified and want to be part of this distinguished family.
For example, some brands have an exclusive section on their website to talk about the history of the most potential customers.
So with the history, the testimony, and the experiences an identity is created in relation to the brand.
6. Must become a status symbol
Studying the market niches, observe how the big luxury brands have managed to position their products and services. For this, a brand must be created that revolves around customer perception. Within the perception, the creators of luxury brands focus on transmitting that only demanding and prestigious clients acquire their product.
How to position a luxury brand on the internet
Marketing and advertising in a luxury brand operate differently. These brands do not need to compete with others to demonstrate what they are capable of offering to their public and they are not found in all distribution channels either.
What these brands do know is that the presence in digital media is relevant especially for the millennial buyer or generation Z (Born between 1980-1992).
This type of user is motivated by luxury brands and in 2025 they will be the future of purchase, they will represent 80% of online purchases for brands.
That is why we show you how marketing strategies work in a successful luxury brand.
1. Branding for luxury brand
What is the difference between a branding design for a common brand to a luxury brand design?
Remember that the emotions and sensations with which a luxury brand must connect represent: rarity, distinction, exclusivity, and prestige. Based on this, we explain how to develop a solid branding strategy for these types of brands:
- Typography: The typeface that predominates in these brands are the classic ones derived from the “serif” family or those that are calligraphic. There are also the modern or “sans serif” that give a deep look.
- No catchphrase: Luxury brands go beyond business tactics and strategies. Therefore, one of the characteristics of branding is not to carry an advertising slogan.
- Colors: Those that predominate in a luxury brand design are shades such as gray, bronze, gold, mustard, ocher. In some cases, colors that are not associated with luxury such as blue, purple or pink are included with a metallic finish.
- Shields: Shields refer to families of noble character and royalty. Some brands to make this shield more traditional add a crown on top.
- Without icons: In some cases, less is more, and this is known by luxury brands. Some just have your brand name in good typography.
2. SEO work
No matter how hard you have worked on the strategy of a luxury brand, no one will know if it is not on Google. Invest in SEO to increase long-term visibility.
A common mistake brands make without a good marketing team is having a website loaded with images and little valuable content. This makes the SEO web positioning of your page poor and potential customers do not get to the web.
SEM advertising for luxury brands is infused with parameters that differ from ordinary advertising. And it is that these brands do not desperately need to sell to any client, but one who seeks distinction and prestige.
Therefore, to carry out paid advertising for luxury brands you need:
- Eliminate negative words like “cheap” or “free”.
- This announcement will also be based on income level.
- The written advertisements for luxury brands use an informative but subtle communication tone .
- Employ remarketing or targeted advertising that can attract potential buyers.
4. Social networks and how prestigious brands are managed
Brands use social networks not to advertise themselves, but to interact with the target audience they want to reach. It is also important to mention that they are in social networks with greater visual impact.
There are strategies that luxury brands use to show their products to their target audience in a subtle and centralized way. We mention you below:
- Facebook Ads: This tool is still essential for any type of brand. And with Facebook Ads, you can create a segmented campaign for, for example 35-year-old men, who live in Paris, single; that they are lovers of brands like Gucci, Prada among others.
- Instagram: The social network Instagram is one of the most used by luxury brands to create visual impact, also to keep their exclusive customers informed. They have an organized feed with a short description of their product. For example, the fashion sector uploads behind-the-scenes stories of its models creates expectations about the next collection to train, catwalk launch dates, among others.
- Marketplace: There are web portals where luxury brands are found and we are not talking about Amazon specifically. Still wondering why The exclusivity of sale of luxury brands can be found on pages such as: Farfetch , Net-a-porter, Mytheresa are some of the pages where luxury brands offer their products in the fashion sector.
These pages are characterized by: Guaranteeing a satisfactory user experience, highlighting visual aspects, return buttons, among others.
5. Sensory marketing
The distinction and prestige are evidenced when value is added to the shopping experience. Sensory marketing is a distinctive feature to your product and luxury brands know. Our limbic system stores memories called pleasant or unpleasant through the 5 senses.
For example, the Roll Royce brand infuses its cars with a fragrance between wood, mahogany, leather, and oil. The fashion brand Viktor & Rolf also created a store with an anarchic theme so that their customers could live the experience.
6. Word of mouth prestige
By creating a distinction, what will reinforce the values of your brand are your own buyers. They will tell their most select family and friends and that they can therefore purchase the product.
So this limitation creates a sustainable community for your brand where those who are part of it are exclusive customers.
Do you want to start creating your prestigious brand? Contact us and tell us your ideas: [email protected]