Are you looking for inbound marketing strategies for startups?
It’s never been easy to start your own company. And it is that with many tasks to be carried out, one of the most important is overlooked: The commercialization of the product or service. How can these small companies starting their journey compete with the companies positioned in the market?
In this article, you will learn about 9 inbound marketing strategies for startups that will help you offer a value proposition to your audience.
Table of Contents
9 Infallible Inbound Marketing Strategies For Startups
In general, inbound marketing strategies for Startups have been designed so that customers reach your business and not the other way around. How do you do this? Creating a value proposition that allows customers to come to your product or service.
The inbound marketing methodology works as follows:
Strangers> Visitors> Leads (user who has provided their contact information)> Client> Defenders. Here are some strategies to create a value offer:
1. Develop your buyer persona or target audience
We know how difficult it is to establish a target audience when you are starting a small business. The important thing is to experiment through trial and error which is the audience your content reaches organically.
Therefore, it is important to continually evaluate:
- The market
- A pattern of behavior or ritual of consumption
- Brand emotions
- Communicational tone
- Demographic data
The important thing in developing this target audience is point number one. Study the market, experience the results, provide feedback and refine the strategy.
2. Create and share free educational content to users
Inbound marketing strategies for Startups start with content. And when we mention content, it has to be relevant to the reader. How do you turn this content into something relevant? You must determine a target audience.
For example, the makeup brand Sephora has a target audience of women between the ages of 20 and 40. This brand is currently in charge of developing content for fashion week in New York.
If you want loyal customers with your product or service, you must create a value proposition, since today’s consumer wants to experience emotions in the brands they consume and not just buy a common product or service.
Therefore, if you want to create content and make it attractive to your audience, evaluate how it behaves on social networks, what they are looking for and how your product or service can meet their needs.
It begins by developing persuasive content about it but … How are they going to be interested?
3. Write good titles
No matter how attractive the text you have written is, if it does not have a good title the user will not click if it has a flat or boring title. To give shape to your ideas we mention 5 basic principles to write headlines that conquer:
- Be specific and do not mislead the reader: There are many headlines that say “how to lose weight in 1 day” and this arouses the curiosity of the reader, but immediately leaves the article when reading that this is all a lie. The idea is to generate trust in your future clients, lying to them will not achieve this goal.
- Develop a credible promise: The reader will be attracted to headlines that have a promise but that it meets expectations. For example: “Lose weight in 3 days without giving up sweets.”
- Create easy-to-see headlines: Use an infallible formula: Noun + adjective. You can also add sensory words to arouse the reader’s curiosity.
- Always read them out loud: If you think you’ve written a compelling headline, try reading it out loud. Still a good title for you?
- Spend time writing several titles: Leaving the title last when writing the text leaves you a space to learn more about the subject and how to simplify it and make it more attractive to your reader. Try creating about four or five titles and then compare which is the best according to your criteria.
4. Make the most of your website blog
According to data provided by Hubspot, 75% of companies have doubled their efforts in content marketing. This is why it is important to create content that not only informs your reader but also educates him:
What benefits would your life get from acquiring this product or service?
How can you integrate it into your life?
A comprehensive description of the product or service.
Note: It is essential to have a frequently asked questions section to reduce anxiety levels in a customer who wants to purchase the product or service but who has found the intuitive purchasing process difficult.
We develop web pages that promote the intuitive feeling of the user. Contact Us
5. Create courses or webinars by email
Email-promoted seminars or courses are another value proposition. Since the following occurs:
- The user and potential client can observe as a freelance professional or company what you are capable of creating and in what way through video marketing.
- There is a rapprochement between the purchase proposal and the user. So if it is really of value, the user will become a customer.
- You do not need to do exhaustive studies, just create a practical and dynamic course that provides a solution to the client’s need.
6. Develop compelling landing pages
The trick with the texts described on the landing pages is that they are informative but not so technical as to bore the reader. But… What is the main function of these pages in your business?
- To buy a product or service?
- To attract customers?
- Generate more visits?
Landing pages should be designed with very clear micro-interactions and buttons to action. Check with your clients to see what they really expect to receive from your company.
SEO is that structure that your web page needs so that it can be indexed by Google’s artificial intelligence. What content are users looking for in relation to your product or service? Is this need covered? How can I segment this content?
Having an SEO positioning structure you get more reach, visibility and therefore advance among the top positions of the Google search engine.
According to data provided by SEMrush, technical SEO is the top priority (52%) for SEO specialists in small and medium-sized businesses.
8. Apply influencer marketing
This is another of the inbound marketing strategies for Startups. With which person does your target audience feel identified on social media? Is this professional in line with the values of your company or business?
Collaborations between influencers and growing companies help spread the word to users who can also become part of your target audience.
What are some of the benefits of applying influencer marketing?
- Amplify the message of your business or company through a person capable of influencing users in a positive way.
- Increase traffic to the website and social networks.
- The brand can gain prestige, reputation and credibility.
9. Use remarketing to reinforce the purchase
Remarketing works by using the cookies on your browser or mobile device to track the products in which you have had some kind of interest. Although the user has left the website, the idea of whether or not to carry the product or service remained in his mind.
This strategy is used in social networks such as Facebook and Instagram. Write in the search engine of these networks “Appliances in Galicia”, wait about 45 minutes and you will see how hundreds of ads will reach you with the satisfaction of this need.
For this same reason, since you are competing with hundreds of companies, it is important to add the following to the value proposition.
- A free sample.
- Product or service warranty.
- Special discount.
In this way, you will encourage the user to make the final decision to purchase your product or service.