Marketing automation strategies are often associated with email marketing and in part, it is one of the most used tools. But the reality is much broader since it is possible to use a wide variety of resources to get to know the customer and reach the customer in an easier and more direct way.
What is marketing automation for lawyers?
Marketing automation or automated marketing uses information provided by users themselves through their behavior to offer a personalized experience and provide the giver of the relevant information service on the needs of each contact. Marketing automation platforms, such as Hubspot, integrate a large number of tools to be able to get the most relevant message to each of our contacts and in the way that interests them the most.
Why as a lawyer do I need to use these tools?
For users of legal services, trust is a key factor in choosing an attorney or firm to assist and represent them. The way to seek legal services has evolved over time to a point where the now-classic “word of mouth” is not as effective as it was before. Social networks, content, and internet presence are determining factors when hiring these services.
At a time when time is the most valuable asset, being able to generate automatic processes that allow you to generate trust with the client and keep ourselves at their “top of mind” is essential to achieve better service and a greater volume of contracts.
The content as a differential value
Currently having a website is not a differential factor, clients and prospects are increasingly looking for more information on the internet before opting for a professional. Inbound Marketing strategies offer a large number of advantages to consolidate ourselves as the winning option. These types of strategies are based on offering valuable content for each client and using it for 3 main purposes.
- Improve organic positioning in searches (SEO): The use of the blog is imperative for a good positioning and offers our potential clients an extract of our knowledge as professionals. The use of video is a great support to this strategy.
- Generate new contacts: Statistics reveal that of every $ invested on the internet, 90% goes to get traffic and only 10% to convert it into a lead. Marketing automation platforms such as HubSpot allow optimization of recruitment processes through different tools. Not only do you want them to read your blog, but you also need them to leave you their information to be able to contact them.
This can be achieved through direct tools, such as pop-ups, sidebars, or contact forms, or by offering valuable content only accessible if they give you their data, either in downloadable format, gated content or through information flows. via email, lead nurturing.
3. Get to know your contacts better: The content is offered for free, but it is essential to know your customers. Once we have the contact details, HubSpot and other automation platforms allow us to store information about their behavior. That, when and how many times you have visited me or how many times you opened my email are some of the things that will be recorded in the CRM.
To paraphrase Francis Bacon, information is power. Having a well-qualified database allows you to offer a better service, easier and faster than if you had to ask all the questions from 0.
The customer as the center of the strategy
We are nothing without our clients, so offering them the best service in the easiest way is mandatory. Platforms such as HubSpot have real-time access to the information of each person who is visiting our website, in such a way that we can use their previous behavior to adapt to their current preferences.
We can group these actions into 3 blocks depending on the client’s status.
1. Recruitment: Actions focused on users who are not registered in our database to give us their contacts to offer them information. For this type of action, we can use tools such as pop-ups or sidebars. Being able to segment the appearance of these elements based on whether or not we know the customer.
Another resource of great value are the forms on landing pages, this allows segmentation based on the theme of the page itself and launch education actions automatically after entering the data.
2. Education: We can perform automatic actions based on the interests shown by the user. Email marketing is one of the clearest options, but it has been proven that the use of different channels to reach the same person increases its receptivity.
Email flows based on their interests, the inclusion of the user in remarketing lists in social networks, or personalized newsletters help to generate the necessary confidence so that we are the option when hiring the services.
All the information generated by these automatic processes is registered in the CRM and will serve as support to the commercial department to close the contracts.
3. Closing: Automating the first stage of the education process offers you detailed information on what the real interests of each client are in order to focus on those who are more receptive to the information we provide.
This allows the system to offer reminders and alerts to the commercial department when users reach a conversion point in the funnel or offer a certain behavior. Optimizing department time to generate higher quality closings.
Automation platforms offer a large number of tools to understand and generate that trust that clients in the legal sector seek so much. Offering a new way to process the increasing supply and demand for information that exists.
Read Also: Personal Branding For Lawyers