Are you searching SEO for Dentists?. Hire me!!
A few years ago, when a person had a problem with their teeth, what did they do?
Well, if he didn’t know any dental clinic or anyone who could recommend a trusted one, he would usually look for it in the Yellow Pages.
Now what he does is look on Google.
For example, search for “dentist in Los Angeles ”, or “dentist in the neighborhood of…” and enter the first three or four websites of clinics that appear. Look at the treatments they offer, if they have published the prices, in what direction they are…
In little more than 10 minutes, it is likely that you have already opted for one.
And of course, what you would like is for him to choose yours.
But for that, the first thing is to get your website to appear on Google… and that’s where you get lost.
Calm down, that’s what we’re here for.
In today’s post, I’m going to talk about SEO for dentists and dental clinics. Do you dare to know more information? Keep reading…
Table of Contents
1. What is SEO
The acronym for the word SEO means Search Engine Optimization or, what is the same, Search Engine Optimization. Broadly speaking, SEO is the way a brand naturally improves its presence in search engines like Google or Yahoo.
In particular, the purpose of SEO for dentists is that their clinics appear on the first page of results when doing a search related to this sector.
2. Why SEO is important for dentists
Improving the presence of your dental clinic in search engines is essential, taking into account the behavior of our potential future patients. In fact, two aspects are essential when it comes to understanding what our client is looking for.
- Most consumers stay on the first page of search results and never make it to the second. Therefore, it is very important that your dental clinic appears on the first page of the results.
- When people have a purchase in mind, they tend to click on one of the top three results. So it’s important to be one of those top three results when someone in your area searches for a specific topic, such as “dental implants near me.”
This is the one million question.
“ But if I only have a simple clinic, I am not a chain or anything. Why would I want the whole world to see me on the Internet? ”.
And here we could tell you many things… but we know that sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words:
Every month, 2,900 different people enter Google to search for “dental clinic in Singapore”.
That is more than two thousand people who need to find a dentist specifically in this city.
Now suppose that you have your clinic in Singapore and that you manage to attract all those users to your website.
If only 1 out of 100 ended up becoming a client, you would already have 29 new patients every month. And that with a single keyword.
It wouldn’t be bad, right? 😉
But of course, you are not the only one who has realized that:
These clinics are also competing to get to the first page of Google and take those thousands of potential clients.
So if you want to advance them, it’s time to get down to work with SEO.
3. SEO for dentists: how to optimize your website step by step
Now yes, take a breath (and something to write down), I start with the practical part of the post. 😉
1. Keywords are the roots of SEO
The keywords or keywords are the terms that users enter in Google to do a search.
And when defining your SEO strategy, you have to find the keywords that can bring you qualified traffic. That is, users who have the potential to become your customers.
Don’t worry because the process is very simple:
- Make a list of terms related to your business: here we include the terms that define you as a professional (dentist, dental clinic), the names of the treatments (orthodontics, dental implants…) and those that a person looking for information could use ( toothache, cavities, etc.). The longer the list, the better.
- Measure their search volume: you can use many tools for this, but if you want a free one, you have the Google Ads Keyword Planner. In addition, this tool will also help you find new keyword ideas. In this post we explain how to use it.
- Divide them according to their search intention: once you have a very long list of search terms, you divide them according to whether they are transactional or informational.
And an important detail.
When you do the search, remember to look for geolocated keywords, which are those that contain the name of a city (or a province or district).
For example, something like “Dentist in Singapore” or “Dentist in Los Angeles”.
These will help you to do local SEO, and thus attract potential customers from your area.
2. Design the website based on keywords
Watch out for this.
Many businesses think that web design comes before SEO.
They choose a template, create the different sections of the page, and then decide which keyword to optimize each one for.
But that’s like creating a dental cap by randomly choosing the measurements and then trying to fit it to the patient’s mouth. 😉
Read Also: Web Design For Dental Clinic and Dentist
For your website to rank well in Google:
- First, you choose the keywords you want to rank for.
- From them, you define the structure of the web (the different pages it will contain and how they will be linked to each other).
We better see it with some concrete examples.
Transactional keywords = main sections of the web
Transactional keywords are those that a user enters into Google when they are already thinking about going to a dentist.
An example could be “orthodontics in Los Angeles”.
Whoever reaches your website through that keyword wants to know more about your orthodontic service.
Hence, we attack these words with the services pages of the web.
The order is as follows:
- Homepage: with the main page we attack the keyword that has the most searches and that encompasses all your services, such as “Los Angeles”.
- Services pages: for each of the treatments you offer you have to create a different page (one for “orthodontics”, another for “ Invisalign ”, another for “periodontics”, “teeth whitening”, etc.).
Informative keywords = blog content
Now we are going to use the informative keywords that we had left reserved.
These are the ones that a person uses when they are at the beginning of the sales funnel: that is, they begin to realize that they have a problem, but they are not yet considering going to a dentist.
To give you some examples, we would have:
- Causes dental sensitivity.
- How to whiten teeth.
- Dental hygiene tips.
A person entering these terms into Google is asking the search engine a question (“ Why do I have sensitive teeth and how do I fix it? ”, “ What options do I have to whiten my teeth? ”, etc.).
And what is the best to answer these questions?
Your blog posts.
So we are going to use the informative keywords that you had found to design your content strategy (with which we will get your page to position itself better and bring you more customers).
4. What is local SEO for dentists?
Local SEO for dentists is to make the website of a clinic that provides its services in a geographical area be found by potential patients in that area and perform searches related to that sector.
In the past, local search was not given as much of a priority, but now Google considers local results to be very important.
Getting your clinic to appear when someone searches for keywords like “Dentists in Los Angeles” will help you get potential patients.
No one wants their dental clinic to be far from where they live, so users generally look for the closest one.
1. Create a profile on Google My Business
This point is key for a dental clinic.
Do you remember when before we showed you the results that appear on the first page of Google when searching for “dentist in Los Angeles”?
Well, there is a part of the page that we had left out:
These are the Google My Business listings. A free tool that Google makes available to local businesses.
As you can see, all the ones that appear to us are records of dentist clinics that are in Madrid… and we had said that that was what interested us, right?
In these files, you can include different data about your business, such as:
- Your location on Google Maps.
- The contact details of your clinic.
- The opening and closing hours.
- Reviews from previous clients.
- Information about the treatments you offer.
5. How can you get more visitors to your website?
To have more visits to your dental clinic and, therefore, have a successful SEO strategy, it is important to have an optimized website.
It is confirmed that more searches are carried out from mobile devices than from computers.
In this sense, Google always tries to offer the best user experience and, for this reason, in April 2015, it launched an algorithm that forced website owners to guarantee that their pages were compatible with mobile devices.
Therefore, it is important that the website of your dental clinic is optimal for mobile devices since your potential patients will surely do their searches from their phones.